11.26.2012

That One Time I Spent Thanksgiving in Portugal (Part One)

Last week I had my first Thanksgiving away from home. To soften the sting of homesickness, a group of fun ladies and I strategically planned a trip to Portugal. "I'll give myself something to be thankful for!"  I thought to myself...


Despite not being in Cali for a major holiday, I was pleased to find Portugal's uncanny resemblance to California in looks and weather. I wasn't home, but it sort of felt like home. 

We got a good little deal on our hotel through LivingSocial London...they have deals all around the world, folks! 

 Words do not describe how incredibly happy my pasty white skin was to see Mr. Sun...


 Green wine (which is just a more bitter white wine) is the local speciality in Albufeira, Portugal.




 There was something about this little rock formation that I was obsessed/drawn to. Thus, I give you the many phases of Big Rock on Beach: 





I hope that was as good for you as it was for me. (It was really good for me). 

The first day in Portugal really was all about relaxing and chasing Mr. Sun wherever he went. After living in London for a bit, I am infatuated with Mr. Sun and edging on becoming his stalker. I will follow him WHEREVER he goes...Besides stalking the sun, I made sure to have one too many drinks, complete with parrot and orange slice. 


The perfect end to a perfect day filled with a lot of necessary nonsense. Yes. 

6 comments:

  1. jealous. that sounds lovely! especially the part about the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like California, at the beach. And maybe Greek with the whitewashed buildings. I met a lady from the Azores over Thanksgiving, which are a Portuguese possession. She couldn't stop talking about how great Portugal is. Your photos confirm that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that one time i've always wanted to go to portugal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah very jealous!! Looks like a beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics Ash :) looks like you had a great time!
    -Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! Looks so so lovely and so beautiful! I have sort of always wanted to go to Portugal but never gotten around to it. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving abroad. Now I can't wait to read part 2!

    ReplyDelete