10.21.2014

Love Your Fate

I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly.  --Nietzsche 
I am infamous for being restless when my path is not clear and I am stuck in the "dark forest." I freakin' hate that forest. Amor fati, loosely translated as "love of one's fate," is about acceptance. It is the realization that the tough/hair-pulling/frustrating parts of life are as integral as the happy/butterfly-inducing/giggly parts of life. It's an obvious realization, but when you're in the belly of the beast, it's difficult to rest easy.

This is a time in my life of many unknowns. And while it sometimes gives me an ulcer, I also know that it's teaching me endurance.

Okay...so I am a stress case with an overly ambitious nature. A deadly combination, but also one that makes me strive for the great things. Still, I'm trying to learn to accept all the stations of my life, appreciate their role, and understand that it's all part of my grand story. I can be okay with that notion.

Love your fate!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We both needed a little Nietzsche in our lives :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! It's so easy to get caught up in the stress and craziness of the difficult times, but they're also the times when we learn the most. They're so important to our lives and our path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to work on this! i am stuck in the forest at the moment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am a pretty restless person, i'm always itching to get to something else and not living in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i hear you. you will find your fate, your path, your place and walk through that dark forest. i have started to and will continue to walk through my dark forest. i believe this is something we always will live with. some people don't even experience this restlessless we go through and others do. so take your time, follow the route you are destined to follow and enjoy the ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly the kind of reminder I need this week. I've started to learn to love the crazy jungle that I'm lost in and loving it for the journey it's taking me on as well. It's anything but dull... which is utterly important to me

    ReplyDelete