11.11.2014

A Three Sentence Movie Review

There were some good movies in this batch!


1. Interstellar

Wow, this one is a doozie and a half--a film that actually left me both satisfied and wanting with the mess of black holes, new planets, and space theories. I look at the reception for this movie in two groups: those who liked the last hour of the film, and those who hated it. Ok, so the movie is a little long (running at almost 3 hours), but for being a pretty cool film about space, I fall into the first group.

















2. Frances Ha

The plot seems misguided in the beginning, much like Frances, but I think that may be the point. Frances is relatable to all those who have felt like the delinquent one, prompting the audience to ultimately cheer her on through the end. Don't dismiss this film in the beginning--it's worth watching the whole way through.








3. Mr. Nobody

This movie will hurt your brain a little, comparable to the likes of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. True, its premise of Mr. Nemo Nobody being the last mortal on earth (everyone else is immortal) and recounting memories gets a little jumbled at times. However, the overall message of finding meaning in life succeeds.
















4. Short Term 12

A story rarely told, and a touching one at that: a look into what happens to the kids that are neglected/beaten/left by their parents. This movie will have you nearly in stitches. Plus, the director/writer of this film graduated from San Diego State University (my alma mater--what what!).







***
Photo credits: 1/2/3/4

6 comments:

  1. I am trying to convince my husband to see Interstellar, it looks so good. So does Mr Nobody :) thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to Interstallar! Glad you also appreciated Short Term 12 and Frances Ha. If you liked Frances Ha, also give Noah Baumbach's Kicking and Screaming a try. (Not the Will Ferrel movie.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I will! are these on netflix? I guess I can go check instead of asking. haha

      Delete
  3. haven't heard of the last one. interstellar is on my list to see

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Frances Ha a lot. I always see Mr. Nobody on my Netflix homepage, but I always kinda pass by it because Jared Leto's face looks so weird and confused. I judge movies by their covers, haha.

    ReplyDelete