12.18.2014

New Orleans: Some of the Best Food You Will Ever Have


I can confidently say that food in New Orleans is some of the best grub I have had in this country. I knew I had to showcase the real star of the city, the damn good food!! Here I've listed my favorite spots (really picked by Laura). 

1. Napoleon House

Get your ass here immediately. This was the best food I had all trip. Order the red beans & rice, get a Pimms cup, and sit in the courtyard. If you're extra hungry, also get the muffaletta. YUMMMM. I DEVOURED this meal! 


2. PJ's Coffee

Great coffee chain in New Orleans. They get that foam just right (I'm picky about foam!). 

3. Po-Boys (Multiple Spots in the City) 

I didn't really understand what a po boy was until I had one in New Orleans. Oh my gosh! Such warm, gooey, roast-beefy goodness!! You can also go for shrimp, among other options. I went to a place far out of the city center, called Chateau Market, which looked like a gas station pit-stop. It was fantastic. I'm sure you can get plenty of po boys closer to the center!

4. Atchafalaya 
I'm showcasing this place for it's cute ambiance and Bloody Mary bar (genius!). I also tried alligator sausage here--yeah, you heard right. This restaurant is located uptown and good for brunch (expect a wait, though).

5. Port of Call
Delicious, amazing, HUGE burgers with a baked potato on the side. Ha! I thought to myself, "there's no way I can finish all that!" I did. I will not feel shame for it. This restaurant is located in the Frenchmen area.

6. Homemade Grits
 Get any Southerner to make you grits. Thanks, Laura!

7. Dooky Chase
I was running out of time and knew there was a Dooky Chase located in the airpot--it was the perfect "last meal." I got red beans & rice (again) and fried chicken. Verdict: Napoleon House's red beans is better, but the fried chicken at Dooky is so worth it. And how perfect that you can grab a piece right before catching your plane! 


I ate at other places too, but these places you just can't miss. And yeah, I'm pretty sure I had to be rolled through security onto my plane. Currently back to detoxing my body with California food!! Forgot to mention that I picked up a drive-thru daiquiri one of the nights, but we won't discuss that debauchery...

What New Orleans food/restaurant do you love? 

6 comments:

  1. YES, I've heard this about the food in New Orleans. Everyone I know that has visited says the food is amazing. Can't wait to experience for it myself one day. That plate o' rice & beans looks damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree. i've been to every single state and NOLA has the BEST food, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm appropriately on vacation right now, in the hotel room in the middle of the night, and so hungry with nothing to eat! I'm salvitating over these...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boudin and crawfish - both some of my favourite things to eat EVER. I'm glad you had such a great time eating in NOLA

    ReplyDelete