5.02.2016

A Three Sentence Movie Review

1. Batman v Superman


I just...don't like this director much (the same director as Man of Steel). While I'm sure he's trying to get all the comic book facts right, his major sin is OVERSTUFFING, leaving the viewer with a bit of headache at the end of the film. Ben Affleck made for an okay Batman, but the real superhero here was Wonder Woman, who kicked better ass than all the boys.


2. Concussion


I like that this film sheds light on how the greed and corruption of the NFL is affecting its players' health. The film is good overall, but offers very little comedic relief, so make sure you're in the mood to watch something very heavy and a bit sad. Decent acting from Will, but not Oscar-worthy (sorry, buddy!).


3. Spotlight


Interesting movie about investigative journalism, reminiscent of All the President's Men, but not as outstanding (because you just can't beat Robert Redford). Overall a very solid film, but not deserving of the Academy Award. Another example of films winning the main prize because they're on controversial topics (I'm also still peeved Brooklyn didn't win, so maybe I'm biased).


4. Captain America: Winter Soldier


THIS is a real superhero movie--great pacing, lots of adventure, fantastic storyline--it's one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen (yes, I'm really late to watching it). Chris Evans makes for a great Captain America, that hunk of man! So now, I can't wait for Civil War to come out...I think I'll go opening weekend!

Photo Credits: 1/2/3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment