6.12.2017

The World from Merlin's Point of View


The above shot is from my friend Solene's apartment in Versailles. Besides the glorious view, the thing I love the most about this picture is the little cat you can find at the bottom of it.

Little Merlin would climb up on this windowsill and watch the world go on beautifully around him. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the square below would get packed with midday markets, people eating and laughing over crepes, motorcycles whizzing by, and the lovely unfolding of Versailles daily life.

Merlin would look down on all of these happenings as if he were the mightiest little lion watching over his vast kingdom. Merlin taught me once again to stop, look around, and simply notice life.

I would stand behind Merlin the Mighty (his new name) to watch it all, and we would gaze together at the sunset, eager for what the next day might offer us. We never took this view for granted; moreover, I think this view will forever challenge me on days when I'm taking life for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment